The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First try Lnc to scaler

+5
WIDELOAD
scottb
Ads
azwa
micks troll
9 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

First try Lnc to scaler Empty First try Lnc to scaler

Post  micks troll Wed May 18, 2011 11:29 am

Well only new to this sort of thing but have a good mate leading me the right dirrection Very Happy (azwa), anyway bought a Losi night crawler second hand and am now converting it over to a scaler. heres the start of the transformation! doing it fairly cheaply atm so fabricated some chassis rails and shock towers and tig them together with braces either end. hope to have my body friday all going good and some Swamper iroks on black sunnys bounce let us know what you think and any tips!!
As it started
First try Lnc to scaler Rc2
front shock towers!
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05731
Rear shock towers
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05733
chassis rail and shock towers.
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05734
Chassis tacked up waiting for body and screws etc that i dont have Sad
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05743
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05744
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05745
suspension going in (will be modified with better arms later)
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05738
micks troll
micks troll

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

First try Lnc to scaler Empty Re: First try Lnc to scaler

Post  azwa Wed May 18, 2011 11:50 am

coming along nicely mate , the shock towers look sweet ,
now hurry up & put it together lol!

azwa .
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Wed May 18, 2011 11:59 am

azwa wrote:coming along nicely mate , the shock towers look sweet ,
now hurry up & put it together lol!

azwa .

Cheers, yeh would like to but need nuts and bolts and make my belly plate and neeeeed my body to come Cool Will work on the belly plate tomorrow a bit of 8mm nylon and have a play with the arms to see how to mount them without the Losi plate underneath any other ideas welcome!
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sun May 22, 2011 1:28 pm

well chassis and driveline are all bolted up got a few tweeks to do but thanks to Azwa now have some borrowed bits to get me goin asap! will post pics up soon!
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Thu May 26, 2011 7:43 am

how is she coming along mate? will it be ready for a test run this sundy before next week? did u get a solution for the lower link mounts?

cheers ads
Ads
Ads

Legend Status : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Thu May 26, 2011 9:03 am

Ads wrote:how is she coming along mate? will it be ready for a test run this sundy before next week? did u get a solution for the lower link mounts?

cheers ads
Yeh not too bad mate link mounts sorted, gunna make a few changes to the chassis as not 100% happy with the flex and everything binding. Its all together but I will be moving the shock towers closer to the centre and weld some tabs on to move the upper arms higher to eliminate bind. I also made some lower links but the angle of the triangulation is too much for the straight rod end so will for now put stock lower arms on and lift the uppers to give clearance. Will hope to have the chassis ready anyway Cool I still haven't friggin got the body and wheels etc from RC4WD so not happy Mad ordered last Friday paid the overpriced post too Evil or Very Mad

Cheers Mick
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Thu May 26, 2011 9:38 am

Some pics of its first putting together
The shocks needed shimming out at that stage no springs were in at all. I will also be moving the shock towers both a further 10mm toward the centre and tig a plate above where the upper arms are attached to the chassis so i have more mounting options. the steering servo will also be chassis mounted when i get the chance as the chassis hits it on flex atm
Still a working progress Razz Still dont know much just wingin it jocolor
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05759
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05758
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05755
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05752
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Thu May 26, 2011 10:22 am

coming together nicely mate looking good.
yea the links touch on my LNC as well even with the smaller metal LCC links. Thats still decent flex for a first crack mate, might look better with the 1.9s when they show up, also comparing flex to the crawler config its gonna be really bugger all flex haha.
the servo looks nice and protected where it is at the moment. if i can find a spare tower"toward"pro chinese servo &horn i can chuck that in for ya on the weekend mate, they are far from flash but they sh!t it in over the standard jr servo from losi.
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Thu May 26, 2011 10:37 am

Ads wrote:coming together nicely mate looking good.
yea the links touch on my LNC as well even with the smaller metal LCC links. Thats still decent flex for a first crack mate, might look better with the 1.9s when they show up, also comparing flex to the crawler config its gonna be really bugger all flex haha.
the servo looks nice and protected where it is at the moment. if i can find a spare tower"toward"pro chinese servo &horn i can chuck that in for ya on the weekend mate, they are far from flash but they sh!t it in over the standard jr servo from losi.

Mate that'd be great if ya could. The Iroks are only marginally shorter than the rock claws so hieght is pretty much it! Cool
Well I have cut the shock hoops back off and made some lil extensions to sit on the chassis so i can mount the upper arms a lil higher. might get keen tonight an tig em all back on, so i can put it together tomorrow and hope the body etc arrives.......
I will make a shroud for the motor for now so wires dont get caught and will just zip tie electrics on for now till i play with them a bit more once i have the body ready

Cheers Mick
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 am

no worries, i no i got one servo there forsure, she rattles but still worked fine when i took it off to replace with a hitec, & maybe another newer one floating about aswell, im not too confident on the servo horn but we can always chuck up a wanted post, some one will surely have one lying around that will suit if i cant find one. either way i will have a search when i get home later and will let u no we get on.
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Thu May 26, 2011 11:30 am

[quote="Ads"]no worries, i no i got one servo there forsure, she rattles but still worked fine when i took it off to replace with a hitec, & maybe another newer one floating about aswell, im not too confident on the servo horn but we can always chuck up a wanted post, some one will surely have one lying around that will suit if i cant find one. either way i will have a search when i get home later and will let u no we get on.[/quote

hasnt it come yet mick ??
i've got a couple of new hitec 645 mg servos if ya need 1 mick ?
oh yeah get tiggin mate
you can put the bushwacker body & the flat irons on to test drive her geek

azwa .
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Thu May 26, 2011 11:53 am

azwa wrote:

hasnt it come yet mick ??
i've got a couple of new hitec 645 mg servos if ya need 1 mick ?
oh yeah get tiggin mate
you can put the bushwacker body & the flat irons on to test drive her geek

azwa .

Nah body, wheels and tyres aren't here yet ordered last Friday so a bit annoyed Evil or Very Mad on the plus side i got my batterys finally Rolling Eyes They took just over 2 weeks. I've tiged the upper mount brackets and shock hoops on just needs cleaning up and drill some holes. Will chat ta ya about the servo. See how this one goes for now since the wheels on it at the moment wiegh 295gs each on front and 225 each on rear it has a bit of a heart attack. The new ones will be lighter......
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Thu May 26, 2011 1:07 pm

only had the one rattly servo layin about, pulled it down quickly all the metal gears are fine the rattle is in behind the circuitry & it worked fine when i pulled it off cause i broke the horn.

id sort out with az for one of the hitecs, im running the same (or very close) on the honcho with ally wheels and 150g added lead in all 4 wheels, it cops everything and hitecs have given me no dramas until i cooked the front 7995tg on the front of my losi the other arvo but i think i need to chat to the guru troy about that one.

all things going to plan we should get a debut out of her on sundy ?
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Thu May 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Ads wrote:only had the one rattly servo layin about, pulled it down quickly all the metal gears are fine the rattle is in behind the circuitry & it worked fine when i pulled it off cause i broke the horn.

id sort out with az for one of the hitecs, im running the same (or very close) on the honcho with ally wheels and 150g added lead in all 4 wheels, it cops everything and hitecs have given me no dramas until i cooked the front 7995tg on the front of my losi the other arvo but i think i need to chat to the guru troy about that one.

Yeh mate even if its just the chassis and my wheels atm. I'll clean the chassis up tomorrow, drill the holes for the upper arms and put it all together and hope shes a bit better tongue
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Thu May 26, 2011 5:13 pm

micks troll wrote:
Ads wrote:only had the one rattly servo layin about, pulled it down quickly all the metal gears are fine the rattle is in behind the circuitry & it worked fine when i pulled it off cause i broke the horn.

Yeh mate even if its just the chassis and my wheels atm. I'll clean the chassis up tomorrow, drill the holes for the upper arms and put it all together and hope shes a bit better tongue

did ya grab some springs from bunnings yet ???
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  scottb Fri May 27, 2011 12:41 am

Looking good Mick.......comming along nicely mate cheers
scottb
scottb

Legend Status : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Fri May 27, 2011 11:03 am

azwa wrote:
did ya grab some springs from bunnings yet ???

Nah not yet. Well got the tyres and body today cheers only to find the Comanche cab split Shocked 70mm up the back passenger side corner and the other rear corner is close to spliting also Mad It wasnt cut as it was up against the style side tub and the packet wasnt damaged Evil or Very Mad I have sent RC4WD an email, so see what we get sorted out.

But on a good note the Iroks look awesome on the black steelies Twisted Evil they are only a fly sh*t smaller then my 2.2 Rock Claws too Shocked
Also the chassis mods are done and a quick paint job today. I will let it dry and assemble tomorrow if i get a chance and have some sort of chassis up and running bounce
Cheers all Mick
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Fri May 27, 2011 2:35 pm

A few up date pics chassis painted and all put together just got to drill the extra holes for the upper arms in the sections I added to the chassis and I'll be happy for now.
Also got some loner shocks to fit to drop the centre of gravity down will post pics of them fitted later!
New wheels and tyres!!
Here are my 2.2 rock claws next to the new Iroks!
Still a working progress
Cheers everyone for their comments and help cheers

First try Lnc to scaler DSC05773
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05777
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05781First try Lnc to scaler DSC05782
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05783
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05784
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05785
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05786
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Fri May 27, 2011 2:38 pm

shes lookin trick mick told ya it aint hard geek
once ya start it dont stop this sh!ts addictive Laughing
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Sat May 28, 2011 6:31 am

tidy work mate, top jobs. the lick of paint and some new boots changes the whole look of the truck aye real nice. the flex looks good, and with the worm drives ull be crawling everything
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sun May 29, 2011 1:07 pm

Well she had her maiden voyage today at the quarry track testing Cool Thanks to Azwa for the loner body since mine is in limbo Mad
stoked how it performed with little work so far Twisted Evil cheers

First try Lnc to scaler DSC05869
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05887
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05891
First try Lnc to scaler DSC05902
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Sun May 29, 2011 1:57 pm

yea it looked like it was working real well. spewing about the body especially when it took so long with express postage as a kicker as well.
wont matter what she looks like if you pull a win out next sundy lol!
Ads
Ads

Back to top Go down

Post  micks troll Sun May 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Ads wrote:yea it looked like it was working real well. spewing about the body especially when it took so long with express postage as a kicker as well.

Long way from a winning truck mate, it's just the start of the rc bug Razz Had a ball today, spewin i forgot me batterys so i couldnt keep drivin Sad
Maybe by the next comp after this one i might have all my own gear in it LOL
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Sun May 29, 2011 2:46 pm

micks troll wrote:
Ads wrote:yea it looked like it was working real well. spewing about the body especially when it took so long with express postage as a kicker as well.

Long way from a winning truck mate, it's just the start of the rc bug Razz Had a ball today, spewin i forgot me batterys so i couldnt keep drivin Sad
Maybe by the next comp after this one i might have all my own gear in it LOL

never say never bud ol kak thought he didnt have a chance & walked away with 1st on the canyon run

you never no bud Wink
azwa
azwa

Back to top Go down

First try Lnc to scaler Empty update

Post  micks troll Tue May 31, 2011 6:12 am

Well was sick as a dog today (metal fume fever last night from welding gal all day pale ) so mucked around with the truck a bit. I got new hitec servo fitted, and drilled holes for the upper arms to mount 5mm higher now have less bind on arms cheers will post pics later. Looking at adding a bit of weight to the front see how it goes!
micks troll
micks troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next