Tekin vs holmes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tekin vs holmes

Post  chack100 on Fri May 25, 2012 1:53 pm

i am new to crawling and i am wanting to up grade my esc i believe to Tekin FXR ESC or Holmes Hobbies Torquemaster BR-XL - Waterproof. Which of these would be the best for the money i am leaning towards the holmes hobbies but the tekin does sound really good. I have found them where there is about 10 dollars difference in them and was wondering if the tekin really is that much better then the holmes. I want the best that i can afford and these are a little more then i was wanting to spend, but what i think i am going to get ,but i would like to here what you all have to say. If you can think of another ESC that might be better for the same money please mention them. Also i plan on getting a 35 t motor as well when i get this esc. It is to go in scx that i recently purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

chack100

Legend Status : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tekin vs holmes

Post  BIGBOY on Sat May 26, 2012 7:53 am

Hi mate I'm in the same boat but I am going Holmes hobbies for both seems to have a good rep from what I have been told.
BIGBOY

Legend Status : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chack100 on Sat May 26, 2012 11:24 am

Yeah i have decided i am going to go holmes to. I just can't seem to find any place that has them in stock. What i have found in the states they are wanting to charge 30-40 dollars shipping to get them here. I can get the tekin shipped here for 15-20 can't be that much difference in wieght that it doubles the price of it.

chack100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGBOY on Sat May 26, 2012 3:41 pm

Did u try homes hobbies that is what wide load told me best price
BIGBOY

Legend Status : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD on Sun May 27, 2012 5:14 am

The Holmes has much better specs than the FX-R, but is also 3times the size.
Best price for the esc is Holmes himself, but also try TZI world (Google it, he's a aussie based store with pretty resonable prices), Rpp hobby, TCS crawlers etc. Shipping from OS is always going to be expensive, so its best to try and combine your purchases from the same place to make the shipping worth it.
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chack100 on Sun May 27, 2012 6:41 am

Just going to have to pay the shipping for it I guess, Have sent tzi a message but did not hear anything back from him. I will give him a little time because will either order it later in the week or in two weeks time have to see how much extra i have after bills this week and if i get paid for all of my overtime or not this pay check. Tzi price is as good as the over seas prices and after reading and hearing about the holmes i am not even interested in the tekin any more. Is there any other ESC out there that are comparable at the same price. I looked at the castle creations mamba max pro, but i do not think it is as good as the holmes or any better while costing a bit more. I am open to suggestions. Thanks for you help.

chack100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD on Mon May 28, 2012 12:21 pm

The MMP is slightly better than the Holmes cause you can run brushless as well. The only real advantage to the holmes is the stronger internal BEC which generally means you don't need to buy a external unless you're running a uber servo with more than 2s lipo.
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top