The Scale Garage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are there full on Scale Competitions

+3
WIDELOAD
Ads
Jayboy74
7 posters

Go down

Are there full on Scale Competitions Empty Are there full on Scale Competitions

Post  Jayboy74 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Besides the Social aspect of our competitions, can one enter full on, vehicle challenging Scale Comps (not crawlers)?

If so, can you tell me a website to show, when, where, rules, vehicle specifications required etc.

I'm keen to do alot more with this sport, I just love it, even though I'm only a Noob.
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Legend Status : 0

Back to top Go down

Are there full on Scale Competitions Empty Re: Are there full on Scale Competitions

Post  Ads Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:23 pm

thecrawlpit.com is where you need to look mate, head to qld comp section, they are havin a big interstate comp in october aswell but have a good look around there and hit the search button and look around
Ads
Ads

Legend Status : 24

Back to top Go down

Are there full on Scale Competitions Empty Re: Are there full on Scale Competitions

Post  WIDELOAD Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:36 pm

Depends what you mean by full on....

The events on The Crawl Pit are rock crawling events. Its a points scored event. So penalties for reversing, touching gates, roll overs, time limits for the course (not usually enforced) etc.

What i call full on is the MSD Nats in the US (check RCcrawler.com)...they are freakin insane.
WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Legend Status : 40

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:29 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:Depends what you mean by full on....

The events on The Crawl Pit are rock crawling events. Its a points scored event. So penalties for reversing, touching gates, roll overs, time limits for the course (not usually enforced) etc.

What i call full on is the MSD Nats in the US (check RCcrawler.com)...they are freakin insane.

x 2 afro
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:40 am

i would like to see what comps therre are for scales only, something a little more serious than social, and not rock crawling, Scale only.
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Back to top Go down

Post  Big fella Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:56 am

theres not much in QLD mate, try canz ( crawl australia and new zealand i think it stands for) but i think its mostly down south aswell.

The Qrock comps on TCP do run scale but yer rock crawling rules apply and they are still more on the social side.
Big fella
Big fella

Legend Status : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:12 am

Adam is right about Canz, they are running another QLD series along with TCP. But its all Rock Crawling events like on TCP but with more strictly enforced rules.

Jayboy74 wrote:i would like to see what comps therre are for scales only, something a little more serious than social, and not rock crawling, Scale only.

What do you mean more serious though? Our events are still competion events, you are still competeing against another person/team...its just there no prizes, only bragging rights.
Prizes & entry fees just mess sh!t up IMO and people start taking it all way too seriously, then it becomes no different to circuit racing. The fun gets sapped out of it.

WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  SkR8Pn Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 am

WIDELOAD wrote:
Prizes & entry fees just mess sh!t up IMO and people start taking it all way too seriously, then it becomes no different to circuit racing. The fun gets sapped out of it.

x2
SkR8Pn
SkR8Pn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jayboy74 Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:11 am

sorry, i mistook the social meaning as getting in having adrive etc but affording time to have a chat etc, bit like soccer at the park with mates as opposed to a club game, ssame situation, different mindset.

are the comps here a regular monthly thing or whenever someone wants to organise it?
Jayboy74
Jayboy74

Back to top Go down

Post  WIDELOAD Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Jayboy74 wrote:sorry, i mistook the social meaning as getting in having adrive etc but affording time to have a chat etc, bit like soccer at the park with mates as opposed to a club game, ssame situation, different mindset.

are the comps here a regular monthly thing or whenever someone wants to organise it?

Don't apologise man...no need to.
It is still social, dont get me wrong...We gas bag the whole time during the comp, rag #### on each other while driving etc. But it is still a comp, you are still competing.
Most other events are the same, there is always a 'social' aspect to it. But we tend try and take it less seriously than Qrock or the Canz events.

There are out and out social days with no scores, times etc. its just get out and drive.
But the social comps time is kept, penalties recorded etc.

Azwa has been the instigator for our comps and then others pitch in to help with prep and the rest. He usually leaves a couple of months between comps. Allows for any repairs, time to do mods and also give a bit of a break.

Social days (get out and drive days) are randomly organised by whoever the hell feels like it. A few weeks after this comp i'm going to try and get a few people together for a run at the quarry near my place.

WIDELOAD
WIDELOAD

Back to top Go down

Post  Ads Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:34 pm

its good to check out the other runs mate, i did a couple q rocks was good but it wasnt up my alley coppin penalties for reversing, az's comp set up is rad, its pretty damn close to scaling down a real tuff track or all terrain comp in my opinion, its also a great day and gets just about everyone on hear all together to have a good catch up and talk $#!7 etc. the other comps are good and can be fun, but the carnage canyon/quarry quest or what ever its called is all round cracka cheers azwa is the man for gettin it all of the ground

oh and troy should be up for a runout your way forsure geek
Ads
Ads

Legend Status : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  bazuky Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm

hey ads when was the last time you saw wideload run lol (see the trash talk has started already )
bazuky
bazuky

Back to top Go down

Post  azwa Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:24 pm

WIDELOAD wrote:
Jayboy74 wrote:sorry, i mistook the social meaning as getting in having adrive etc but affording time to have a chat etc, bit like soccer at the park with mates as opposed to a club game, ssame situation, different mindset.

Don't apologise man...no need to.
It is still social, dont get me wrong...We gas bag the whole time during the comp, rag #### on each other while driving etc. But it is still a comp, you are still competing.
Most other events are the same, there is always a 'social' aspect to it. But we tend try and take it less seriously than Qrock or the Canz events.

There are out and out social days with no scores, times etc. its just get out and drive.
But the social comps time is kept, penalties recorded etc.

Azwa has been the instigator for our comps and then others pitch in to help with prep and the rest. He usually leaves a couple of months between comps. Allows for any repairs, time to do mods and also give a bit of a break.

Social days (get out and drive days) are randomly organised by whoever the hell feels like it. A few weeks after this comp i'm going to try and get a few people together for a run at the quarry near my place.

spot on troy its still a comp so dont think that people dont take it seriously ,
bro you wait untill you see some of what these cars can do ,
the social part
is everybody comin just to drive
& with a setout course to conqueer & people watchin well you know the rest afro

keen to see youre quarry & a simpson falls run would be good soon
before we get some more rain aswell troy ,
it'd give jay a chance to attend 1
azwa
azwa

Legend Status : 16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down